LA VILAVELLA, CASTELLÓN (SPAIN)
CellosMagics is pleased to announce the second edition of the Competition - Cello Creation Workshop. With this initiative CellosMagics wants to support the work of contemporary composers from all over the world.
The residency will take place during the CellosMagics Festival, from July 10 to 16, 2022 in Vilavella (Castellón), where the selected winning composer will hold a Creation Workshop where they will develop their creative proposal.
The process of creating the new composition of the selected candidate will include two phases:
• First, they will carry out a Creation Workshop with the interpreter who will premiere the work, which this time will be the cellist Séverine Ballon. This phase will be carried out online (email and videoconference).
• The winner will then be invited to perform her residency during the CellosMagics Festival 2022, where she will have the opportunity to work directly with the interpreter.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
The contest is open to composers of all nationalities with no age limit. Professional composers as well as composition students.
Applications must contain the following elements:
1 - Brief biography (maximum 1500 characters).
2 - Photo (for publication in the residents' announcement).
3 - A sketch or score of free choice *, ideally with links to the recordings of the same works. The sketch to be in PDF format.
4 - Description of artistic proposal.
5 - Bank statement showing the payment of fees. The concept must include the name of the candidate.
6 -Candidates are invited to send their applications from January 20, 2022 to February 10, 2022 to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The sketch / score can be composed for any instrument and formation.
The proposal will be selected based on the best score obtained by the sum of the jury's scores.
An international jury will nominate the winner of the contest before February 20, 2022. The jury may decide not to nominate any winner.
The selected composer must compose a work for solo cello, and it must last between 5 and 10 minutes.
The commissioned work must be composed and delivered to the organization in PDF format before May 15, 2022.
- Quality and originality of the work presented.
- Interest of the artistic proposal.
The registration fee will be €20 and must be made by bank deposit to the account number:
ES04 0073 0100 5505 0614 6629
The selected will receive:
- an endowment of €300.
- a residence during CellosMagics 2022 that will include accommodation and full board expenses.
- Advice from the cellist in charge of premiering the work (contact via email, videoconference during the First Phase and face-to-face work before its premiere).
- the new composition will be premiered at the CellosMagics 2022 Festival, from July 10 to 16, 2022 *.
* In the event that the health crisis affects the conditions for the celebration of the Festival in its 2022 edition, the premiere of the work would be held on another date at the proposal of the Festival Organization, agreed with the winning composer.