LA VILAVELLA, CASTELLÓN (SPAIN)
(Classical Music La Vilavella)
CellosMagics is pleased to announce the second edition of the Competition - Cello Creation Workshop. Our mission is to promote and to support composers from all over the world.
The artist-in- residence program will take place during the CellosMagics Festival, from July 10 to 16, 2022 in Vilavella- Castellón, Spain (Classical Music La Vilavella), where the awarded composer will attend a Creation Workshop to develop his creative proposal.
The process of creating the new composition of the winner will include two phases:
• On-line: Creation Workshop with the cellist Séverine Ballon (e-mail and videoconference).
• Face to face: Artist in residence, tutorized by Prof. Ballon (CellosMagics Festival 2022, Vilavella- Castellón, Spain).
-Open to all nationalities.
-No age limit.
-Students and Professional composers.
Applications must contain the following elements:
1 - Short biography (maximum 1500 characters).
2 - Photo of the participant (for publication in the residents' announcement).
3 - A draft or score of free choice *, with links to the recordings if possible. The draft must be in PDF format.
4 - Description of artistic proposal.
5 - Bank statement showing the payment of fees. The concept must include the name of the candidate.
6 –Open application: January 20, 2022. Deadline: February 10, 2022
7- Submit the application and documents by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The draft / score can be composed for any instrument and instrumentation.
The proposal will be evaluated by an international jury before February 20, 2022.
The jury has the right: to divide places between participants, to award special diplomas, to award not all diplomas
The jury has the right to not to nominate any winner.
The decision made by the jury is not subject to revisión.
The selected composer must compose a work for solo cello (duration: between 5 and 10 minutes).
The commissioned work must be composed and delivered to the organization in PDF format before May 15, 2022.
- Quality and originality of the work presented.
- Interest of the artistic proposal.
Registration fee: €20 (this amount is not refundable) by bank transfer to:
ES04 0073 0100 5505 0614 6629
The selected composer will receive:
- an endowment of €300.
- a residence during CellosMagics 2022 including accommodation and full board expenses.
- Advice from the cellist in charge of premiering the work (contact via e-mail, videoconference during the First Phase and face-to-face work before the premiere).
- the new composition will be premiered at the CellosMagics 2022 Festival, from July 10 to 16, 2022 *.
* If the health crisis affects the conditions for the celebration of the Festival in its 2022 edition, the premiere of the work would be postponed at the proposal of the Festival Organization, agreed with the winning composer.